This policy covers how Water in Motion treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your use of www.watermotion.com. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Water in Motion services and products are developed for the use of, and distributed to, third party clients. Water in Motion encourages its clients to adopt privacy policies similar to, or more stringent than, its own. Water in Motion sells its services and products only to reputable and ethical clients. Water in Motion cannot be held responsible if a client chooses unethical or immoral use of the information that Water in Motion products gather.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Water in Motion does not own or control, or to people that Water in Motion does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
• When you register for a Water in Motion event, service, or product we ask that you provide basic contact information such as your name, address, and email address. In addition, other questions specifically for an event might be asked and recorded so as to better equip the event hosts for customizing their event.
• Upon successful registration, you automatically opt in for Water in Motion service communications, as specified on the web form.
• Water in Motion collects personal information when you register with Water in Motion, when you use Water in Motion products or services, when you visit Water in Motion pages or the pages of certain Water in Motion partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Water in Motion may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
• Water in Motion automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Water in Motion cookie information, and the page you request.
• Water in Motion uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
• Information Collected Automatically We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via WaterMotion.com.
• Computer configuration: We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed.
• Referral, clickstream, and site interaction data: We may also record the URL you linked from to get to WaterMotion.com, your clickstream through and from our Web site, and other generally accepted tracking information.
• Email delivery and open rates: To help us make our emails more useful and interesting, and to ensure that we are delivering the services you have ordered, we often receive a confirmation when you receive and/or open email from WaterMotion.com
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information and treat it in accordance with this policy.
• Customer and order data from our partners: If you registered directly with a business partner for which we provide fulfillment or other services, your account information and order information is passed to us.
• Updated delivery and address information: We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
• Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• Water in Motion displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. Water in Motion does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. Email Communications to our Users Water in Motion sends email communications to our users in connection with our providing the Water in Motion services. The following outlines the types of email Water in Motion sends to our users, and the choices you have about which messages to receive.
• Messages required to service event registrations: Water in Motion will send you email notifying you of your event details. We may also send you communications related to your upcoming event, for example reminding you of the details, or when those details change.
• Messages required to service your Water in Motion account: Water in Motion may send newly registered users a welcoming email, as well as messages confirming each event you register for at Water in Motion.com; confirming your account changes; inviting you to participate in customer surveys; and informing you of important product or service updates related to our core business.
• Marketing messages about Water in Motion: We may send you marketing messages related to our services you receive, for example, encouraging you to register for more Webinars or extend your Web event presence.
• Optional marketing messages from Water in Motion: Registered users may also occasionally receive information or special promotions from Water in Motion about additional services. You may update your preference with regard to receiving such messages by opting out in the footer of each email.
• Optional marketing messages from trusted third parties: With your consent, Water in Motion may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties so that you may receive information or opportunities from them about relevant products and services they offer. You may update your preference by opting out in the footer of each email.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Water in Motion service, such as service announcements, and administrative messages that are considered part of your Water in Motion account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
‘No Spyware’ Policy
Water in Motion does not contain malicious Spyware. Spyware is software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge. This can include centrally recording your personal internet usage, monitoring your keyboard strokes or capturing personal information. If you think that you downloaded and/or installed spyware, we suggest reporting it on the alt.privacy.spyware newsgroup. Available on Google Groups.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
Water in Motion has implemented demographics and interest reporting via Google Display Advertiser Features. Water in Motion and other third-party vendors use the Google Analytics cookie and Google advertising cookies to deliver relevant content to people who have visited our website or searched for content similar to what is delivered on our website. You can opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). Learn more about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
Water in Motion may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Water in Motion account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please use the following contact information:
Water in Motion
175 James Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55405